Stop Waiting to be Happy. Your Life is Right Now.
“Being hurt is something you cannot always stop from happening; but choosing to be miserable is always a choice.” -unknown
Life should inspire you. The type of inspiration where you live in the kind of happiness that exists on your own terms. But how are you supposed to build the right happiness skills if you don’t know which ones you are struggling with in the first place? This question is why it is so important to build your self-efficiency. Choosing to be under a dark cloud everyday is not the way to live. That mindset will hold you back from so many opportunities and general good that are on their way for you. You deserve to know yourself, and more specifically – what you want for yourself.
Creating happiness in every moment of your life is a very important practice that helps you grow stronger for dealing with more difficult moments of your life. We have to abandon the idea that the practice is the means and happiness is the result of the practice. The fact is that there is no way to happiness. It’s all within your mindset, and comes from your personal habits.
I can’t tell you how to be happy, and that being happy will end all struggle in your life; but finding your way to your personal happiness is in fact the way to live. So many human beings are in the mindset of just existing in the world of seven billion people. Those are they who don’t give any effort into themselves, and don’t give any effort outwards to live their best possible life. You deserve to be someone who stands out in the world, and to stand out so unapologetically.
There are 5 ways that I believe are the best steps to find your individual happiness. Because as soon as you find your own personal happiness, you find the will to leave all other things that make you feel any less.
- Give Yourself a Confidence Boost
- Why would you bother increasing your happiness if you didn’t think you could be successful at it? You wouldn’t. That’s where your self-efficiency. Self-efficiency is the skillset that helps you prove that you are capable of generating your own positivity and happiness. Ways to increase that skillset is practicing small acts like gratitude for the simpler things, and prioritizing yourself throughout your day. Any small act that helps boost your mood will ultimately help you boost your confidence.
- Fuel your progress by learning how to feel better about yourself
- To be happier, you make more progress by focusing on the skills that are most closely linked to the happiness you’re trying to reach. In my opinion, the skill that usually turns out to be linked to reaching happiness is positive self-views, learning how to feel better about yourself, imagining your best possible self, noting your positive qualities, or identifying your strengths. Simple practices of viewing yourself more positively can go a long way to increasing your happiness
- Build a Growing Mindset
- A growing mindset refers to your belief that you can change yourself, and have all the capacity in the world to change. When we build a growth mindset for happiness, we believe we can change our happiness. This becomes a super important factor in your progress because if we don’t believe we can increase our happiness, we won’t even bother to try.
- Find Clarity and Live Your Values
- How are you supposed to move your life forward when you don’t even know what you feel or why you feel it? To become happier, it’s beneficial to gain clarity on your emotions. Find out what you’re feeling and what happened to cause those feelings. When you start to explore yourself and your values, you may discover that you’ve known all along what would make you happy, and what could make you happy; but you’re just not doing it. To be happier, get clear on your values. That way, you can live your life independently, according to your own principles and values.
- End Your Negative Thinking
- Sometimes we are what’s making us miserable. We just can’t stop thinking about how someone or something wronged us, or how our life didn’t turn out as we hoped. Negative thought processes like worrying, self-judgment, and fearing rejection just keep us miserable and unable to move forward. When you find yourself thinking negatively, pause and refocus your thoughts. Retrain your brain to refocus more easily on its own.
- We all have done unforgivable things.
- We have all wanted to punch holes through the walls.
- We have all made someone cry.
- We have all let someone down.
- We have all had a broken heart.
- We have all told lies
- We have all wanted to throw our lives away.
- We have all stayed up late overthinking
- We have all woken up in a morning feel like the lonliest person in the world.
- We are all humans; and we are trying to do better than we did yesterday.
Your life is too short to be angry. Your life is too short to be sad. You deserve to live happy. Life is nothing but moments, and those will all be gone one day. So live right now. Your life is happening right now. Find happy now, don’t delay all the wonderful things about your life.